Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two Hundred Words A day

As part of my rationality training (lesswrong.com) I am attempting to write 200 words per day. I picked this number since it was approximately the length of the features I used to write for radio and I figured I'd be able to handle 200 words  per day even if I was at a convention from my kindle or something else. Sometimes I might post old writings but they don't count unless 200 new words have been added to the text. Well as I have burned up 83 of those words being meta I suppose I ought to have something of substance in this last bit. The thing I learned about in the Minicamp that I retained best is timeless thinking. http://lesswrong.com/lw/r1/timeless_control/ The understanding is not far from the mode I use when writing a book or working on a project. The rule is if I am not doing it I am not going to do it so do it now. ON a related note, every time I have explained Timeless thinking I have gone and flossed. Its complicated and weird but more on that if you want to know. Tomorrow we do mages most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment